How to Reset inter-cluster replication - Hot initialization
- Leave the Inter-Cluster replication Enabled and make sure it is working properly both ways.(you can make some dummy changes and validate that first)
- Export the HDAP store from Central Journal Cluster into LDIF with “Export for replication” enabled
- Verify that the top few lines in LDIF file should contain “vdssynccursor” as a date format and not a number
- Copy the LDIF file to other Secondary Cluster
- Perform a cache initialization using the exported LDIF into the other Secondary Clusters
- Once all the data is synced, the Secondary cluster HDAP store “vdssynccursor” value will change from date format to a number format.
All changes happening during Export process will also be published in other Clusters
This is a One-way replication data fix from Primary to Secondary
Does this apply to VDS 7.2, 7.3, 7.4 and 8.0?
It was added after v7.2.25+ and v7.3.2+ and v7.4.0+ and will surely be in 8.0 code base.