Deployed on Windows, I updated to v7.4.7 and when I restarted my RadiantOne Service, the HTTP(S) ports aren't started (the Main Control Panel -> Dashboard monitoring shows the ports stopped).
This might be related to changes to the RadiantOne Windows services.
1. Stop the RadiantOne Windows services (e.g. RadiantOne FID Server and RadiantOne FID Management Console)
2. Navigate to <RLI_HOME>/bin/windows.service
3. Run the <RLI_HOME>/bin/windows.service/control-panel-service-uninstall.bat to uninstall the service.
4. Run the <RLI_HOME>/bin/windows.service/fid-server-service-uninstall.bat to uninstall the service.
5. (Optional) if you have the sample Derby database running as a service, run the <RLI_HOME>/bin/windows.service/derby-service-uninstall.bat to uninstall the service.
6. Unzip the "windows service patch.zip" file in <RLI_HOME> that is attached to this article. This includes updated control-panel-service-install.bat, fid-server-service-install.bat and derby-service-install.bat files (in <RLI_HOME>/bin/windows.service). It also includes an updated init.bat file (in RLI_HOME>/bin/init).
7. Run the <RLI_HOME>/bin/windows.service/control-panel-service-install.bat to install the service.
8. Run the <RLI_HOME>/bin/windows.service/fid-server-service-install.bat to install the service.
9. (Optional) if you want the sample Derby database running as a service, run the <RLI_HOME>/bin/windows.service/derby-service-install.bat to install the service.
10. Start the RadiantOne services using Windows Services.